REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
TOWN OF WOLCOTTVILLE, INDIANA
In order to assure compliance with the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (IOCRA) and related requirements regarding competitive negotiation of planning services, the Town of Wolcottville is seeking Statements of Qualifications for the provision of planning technical assistance services relating to a downtown revitalization plan.
Description of Services Needed
I. Introduction and Executive Summary
II. Evaluation of the Existing Conditions
A. Demographics and Market Conditions
B. Physical Infrastructure and Land Use
C. Summary of Issues and Liabilities
D. Summary of Opportunities and Strengths
E. Cultural and Social Analysis
III. Market Evaluation
A. Analysis of Existing Commercial Activities
B. Historical and New Trends for Business Activities
IV. Proposed Plan
A. Goals and Objectives with Specific Elements and Recommendations
1. Pedestrian Traffic Improvements
2. Street Lighting and Signage Plan
3. Land Use Plan (Open Space, Parking, Commercial, etc.)
4. Overall Streetscaping Plan
B. Highlight Special Issues or Areas in Need of Attention
(Plan to investigate environmentally friendly street components and land use considerations, such as solar street lighting and bicycle facilitation)
V. Implementation and Maintenance
A. Prioritize Specific, Quantifiable Actions in Logical or Phases
2. General Estimates of Cost
3. Financial Tools (Local, Grants, Tax Credits, etc)
4. Legal Tools (Ordinances, Enforcement Policies, etc)
5. Manpower Tools (Groups, Organizations, Volunteers, etc)
B. Proposed Revisions or Re-connections to Existing Plans
A. Overview of the Planning Process and Participants
B. Timeframes and Mechanisms for Benchmarking
C. Monitoring and Updating Process Recommendations
A. Specifications on Materials or Products
B. Drafts of Proposed Ordinances
C. Other Details of Elements of the Plan
Type of Contract
The Town of Wolcottvillewill negotiate a cost reimbursement type of contract (all services will be stated on the cost reimbursement basis, hourly rate and maximum hours fixed) or a ‘lump sum’ contract for these services that is contingent on the final commitment of planning grant funding. The awarded contract will have a “not to exceed” clause that will limit the allowable fees charged in connection with these services through close out. Do not include a proposed fee with the proposal, as this is a qualification based selection process.
Prospective offerors should note the successful proposer must meet the following terms and conditions:
1. 24 CRF Part 85.36
2. Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
3. Conflict of Interest (24 CFR Part 570)
4. Access to Records
5. Executive Order 11246 – Equal Employment Opportunity
6. Executive Order 12138 – Women Business Enterprise Policy
7. Architectural Barrier Act of 1968
8. Age Discrimination Act of 1975
9. Section 3 Clause – Housing and Urban Development Act of 1973
10. Section 504 – Rehabilitation Act of 1973
11. Retention and Custodial Requirements (24 CFR Part 85.42)
12. Executive Order 11063
13. Affirmative Action Program/Plan
14. DavisBacon and Related Acts
Grant Support has a 10% MBE/WBE goal for all projects funded with Community Development Block Grant Funds.
Rate of Qualifications
The proposal must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and determine that the respondent is qualified and has relevant experience. Do not include a proposed fee as this is a qualification based selection process. The statement of qualifications should include the following:
1. A description of expertise, experience and resources directly relevant and available for the proposed project.
2. A list of similar projects previously completed.
3. A list of references.
4. Resumes of professional staff members that will work on this project.
5. Name of person to be in charge of project.
6. Description of scope of services as per “Description of Services Needed”.
7. A project time line.
The statement of qualifications shall also provide the following information: name, title, address and telephone number of individuals with authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of evaluation.
Award of Contract
Evaluation criteria shall include: (total points by weighted rating system is in parentheses for a total of 335 possible points):
1. Firm’s History and resource capabilities to perform required services (45 points)
2. Evaluation of assigned personnel (40 points)
3. Related experience to proposed project: Downtown Revitalization (45 points)
4. Financial Management and Cost Allocation experience and results (40points)
5. Familiarity with local experience and results (45 points)
6. Ability to relate to project (45 points)
7. Analysis of one-page narrative statement (35 points)
8. Provide 3 references from clients for whom your firm has provided services in the past 5 years (40 points)
NOTE: This is a qualification-based selection and fees will not be evaluated. DO NOT include fees within your proposal.
If you are interested in providing the required services, please note that six (6) copies of the Statement of Qualifications/Proposal of each prospective organization must be received by the Town of Wolcottville, Clerk/Treasurer Jeanette Combs, P.O. Box 325, 104 W. Race St., Wolcottville, IN 46795 no later than 4:00 P.M. local time on June 5, 2012. Please note on the mailing envelope, “Statement of Qualifications for the Town of Wolcottville Downtown Revitalization Strategy.” Each Statement of Qualifications will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria.
The Town may or may not negotiate the fee schedule with one or more offerors. The Town reserves the right to reject any and/or all proposals. The Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The selected firm is tentatively expected to be announced by the next scheduled Town Council meeting after final evaluations are completed. Additional information or a site visit can be arranged by contacting Kristine Christlieb, Community Development Planner, Region III-A at (260) 347-4714 or Jeanette Combs at the Town of Wolcottville (260) 854-3151.
President, Wolcottville Town Council
LC 103 N4