TO: Angela Hochstetler and Jeff Parr,
This office represents Kathy and Remont Scantlen Pursuant to IC 6-1.1-25-4.5, you are hereby notified of the following matters:
1) On October 6, 2011, Kathy and Remont Scantlen did purchase at Tax Sale a Certificate of Sale for real property located in LaGrange County, Indiana.
2) The aforementioned property is described in the Certificate of Tax Sale as follows:
Lots Number 67 and 168 in Edgewood Terrace Subdivision in LaGrange County, Section 24, Greenfield Township, State of Indiana, according to the recorded plat recorded in Plat Book No. 2, page 31.
3) On or before October 8, 2012, Kathy and Remont Scantlen will file with the LaGrange Circuit Court a petition for tax deed. Kathy and Remont Scantlen will petition for a tax deed to be issued on or after October 8, 2012.
4) Kathy and Remont Scantlen are entitled to receive a deed for the aforementioned real property if it is not redeemed before the expiration of the period of redemption specified in the IC 6-1.1-25-4. The date of expiration of the period of redemption specified in IC 6-1.1-25-4 is
October 8, 2012.
5) As of the date of this letter, the aforementioned real property has not been redeemed.
6) Kathy and Remont Scantlen are entitled to reimbursement for costs described in IC 6-1.1-25-4.5. The statute specifies the following components of the amount required to redeem the aforementioned property: the minimum bid plus interest thereon; the amount the purchased price exceeds the minimum bid plus interest thereon; all taxes and special assessments on the property paid by the purchaser after the sale plus interest thereon; the cost of the title
search or updating the abstract of title for the tract or item of real property; attorney fees; cost of giving notice.
7) Any person with a substantial interest may redeem the aforementioned property.
8) If the aforementioned real property is not redeemed, the owner of record at the time of the tax deed is issued may have a right to the tax surplus, if any.
Please direct all inquiries regarding this notice to:
Marylyn K. L. Ernsberger
EBERHARD & WEIMER, P.C.
1504 North Wayne St., Ste. A
Angola, IN 46703
WC 371 N7,14,21/S10,17,24