AN ORDINANCE MODIFYING CHARGES FOR FIRE PROTECTION SERVICES
Come now the Trustees of the Civil Town of Topeka, and at the request of Chief Bender of the Topeka Volunteer Fire Department, Inc., do hereby review the Fire Department rates and charges:
WHEREAS, Chief Bender has recommended that said charges be increased as a result of the increased costs and expenses incurred by said Fire Department;
WHEREAS, the Town of Topeka, pursuant to its Contract for Fire Protection Services, has the right to modify said rates and charges in writing upon ten (10) days’ written notice; and
WHEREAS, it would be prudent and in the best interests of the Fire Department, Town of Topeka, and the persons whom are served by said Fire Department for said rates and charges to be increased.
BE IT THEREFORE ORDAINED that then (10) days from this date, the following rates and charges shall be made by the Topeka Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. for any and all applicable fire protection services rendered:
(1) For initial response with a fire engine, a fire truck, or fire apparatus, or a fire rescue unit dispatched to an incident, Two Hundred and 00/100 Dollars ($200.00) per response vehicle except command/control vehicle, which is Seventy-Five and 00/100 Dollars ($75.00) per vehicle.
(2) For each hour or fraction thereof as on-scene assistance, One Hundred Fifty and 00/100 Dollars $150.00) per response unit and Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($50.00) per command/control vehicles.
(3) For initial responses dispatched for hazardous material incident, Two Hundred Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($250.00) per response vehicle except command/control vehicle, which is One Hundred and 00/100 Dollars ($100.00) per vehicle.
(4) For each hour or fraction thereof as on-scene assistance for a hazardous material incident, One Hundred Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($150.00) per response unit and Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($50.00) per command/control vehicle.
(5) For expendable materials such as absorption materials, emulsifiers, or other agents used in cleanup operations, the actual replacement cost of those materials.
(6) For collection of debris, chemicals, fuel, or contaminated materials resulting from a spill, the actual cost of removal and disposal at an authorized location.
(7) Under I.C. 36-8-12-17, false alarm service charges of Three Hundred Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($350.00).
(8) Carbon Monoxide and service calls a charge of Fifty and 00/100 Dollars ($50.00)
(9) Copies of incident reports Ten and 00/100 Dollars ($10.00)
All other rates and charges are hereby reaffirmed and ratified by the Board of Trustees of the Civil Town of Topeka, Indiana.
This ordinance shall take effect upon promulgation according to law.
ALL OF WHICH IS DULY ORDAINED this 27 day of December, 2012.
TOWN BOARD OF TOPEKA, INDIANA
Peter E. Kauffman