LaGrange Rotary will host its 54th Annual Fish Fry on Wednesday, June 11, in the Lakeland Middle School Cafeteria. Carryout will be available beginning at 4:30 p.m. and serving in the dining room will begin at 5 p.m. This is one of Rotary’s main fundraisers and all of the net proceeds will be used for the benefit of the community.
Some of the past projects benefitting include:
· Development of the town park on the site of the town dump (cooperation with LaGrange Town Board).
· Erected and repaired pavilion in Parkside Park.
· Trash containers on Detroit Street.
· Horse barn at the hospital.
· Roof repair, walk-in cooler, and floor repair at the Clothes and Food Basket.
· Scholarships presented annually to a student in each of the county schools.
· A work trailer for Habitat for Humanity.
· Rotary Speech Contest.
· Sponsoring exchange students, both in-bound and out-bound.
· Support for the Cub Scouts.
· Sponsoring two students to attend Rotary Youth Leadership Award Camp each year.
· Sponsor students to attend World Affairs Conference.
· Metal detector for the sheriff’s department dive team.
· Supported Ft Wayne Philharmonic.
· Supported veteran cemetery monument replacements.
· Supported historical museum.
· Hosted group study exchange teams from around the world.
· Donations to various other organizations and individuals.