The official registration date for allstudents in the Prairie Heights Community School Corporation will be Thursday, Aug. 8, from noon until 8 p.m. at each corresponding school. All parents, including incoming Kindergarten parents, should attend registration in order to take care of textbook rental and lunch account payments.
Students and parents may pick up schedules and pay textbook rental fees at registration. Any newstudents to the district must start at the central office and bring the following documents: transcripts, shot records, birth certificates, and any custody papers.
Prairie Heights High School
· Book rentals and fees are based on individual course selection.
· No schedule changes will be made at registration. Necessary changes can be made during the first three days of school.
· New students need transcripts and school records after checking out with their last school.
Prairie Heights Middle School
· An Open House will be held on Monday, Aug. 19. There will be a Grade 5 info meeting at 5:30 p.m. and classroom visitation from 6-6:30 p.m. A Grade 6 info meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. and classroom visitation will be from 6-6:30 p.m. Grades 7, 8, and related arts classroom visitation will be from 6-7 p.m.
· Book rental and fees are based upon course selections, payable at registration.
Prairie Heights Elementary
· Orientations/Meet the Teacher schedule: Kindergarten – August 15 at 6 p.m.; 1st Grade – August 15 at 5 p.m.; 2nd Grade – August 14 at 5 p.m.; 3rd Grade – August 14 at 6 p.m.; 4th Grade – August 14 at 7 p.m.
· Book rental fees: Kindergarten, $89.15; 1st Grade, $106; 2nd Grade, $106.60; 3rd Grade, $108.92; 4th Grade, $91.
Meal costs: Elementary school – $2.10 lunch, $1.50 breakfast; Middle school – $2.20 lunch, $1.55 breakfast; High school – $2.25 lunch, $1.55 breakfast; Adult – $2.95 lunch, $1.65 breakfast; Milk – $0.45.
Breakfast will be served beginning Monday, Aug. 26.
Applications for textbook financial assistance and free/reduced lunches may be picked up at registration. Parents setting up contract book payments must pay by the specified dates established in three equal payments in September, October, and November. A minimum deposit of $10 per student is required.
The first day of school is a full day on Tuesday, Aug. 20.