The LaGrange County Public Library, along with S&S Travel of Kendallville, is hosting a motorcoach trip to see some of the important elements of Indiana. Registration is required by August 8.
This trip will take place September 8-11. The motorcoach will make stops throughout Southern Indiana to visit some of the most famous spots in the state. The sights include:
· The Indianapolis Motor Speedway – with the opportunity to take a lap around the track!
· Historic New Harmony, where 19th century idealists tried – twice! – to build Utopia.
· The Lincoln Pioneer Village and Museum. Abraham Lincoln may have been born in Kentucky and elected from Illinois, but he grew up as a Hoosier!
· Dr. Ted’s Musical Marvels, a colossal collection of amazing mechanical musical instruments.
· The dazzling West Baden Springs Hotel.
· The Gus Grissom Memorial, honoring one of the original Mercury astronauts.
· A limestone quarry and mill, an element central to Indiana’s history.
· The Indiana Statehouse and Historic District, which will be toured on September 11.
· The astonishing Scottish Rite Cathedral.
· Oldfields, the Lilly House and Gardens.
Cost for this motorcoach tour ranges from $561 to $815 per person, depending on occupancy. Complete details and registration forms are available at all branches of the LaGrange County Public Library, call 260-463-2841 ext. 1030, visit the website at www.lagrange.lib.in.us/happen.html, or from S&S Travel of Kendallville, 888-262-4423.