Share |

Motel room damaged from suspected meth lab fire

 

A Howe motel room ended up with significant fire and smoke damage Friday from a suspected meth lab.

According to the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department, the owner of the Travel Inn north of Howe checked on a room at the motel Friday morning and received no answer. When he entered the room, he reportedly found fire damage along with smoke or extinguisher residue.

During the investigation, officers located items consistent with the manufacturing of methamphetamine in the bathroom area.

Damage to the room was estimated at $3,000.

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact Deputy Randy Mellinger at the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department, 463-7491.