Parkview Health will soon be hosting introductory and training classes for individuals interested in becoming a Hospice Volunteer. Hospice volunteers provide many services to patients who are nearing the end of their lives. As a trained Parkview Hospice Volunteer you will have the opportunity to:
· share your gifts with patients by listening, reading, providing companionship time and smiles
· help patients and caregivers with non-clinical tasks
· benefit from high quality, national training and education
· enjoy stimulating new challenges as you meet a variety of people
· partner with others who share your commitment to improving the quality of life for patients and their caregivers
· know that you are truly making a difference
Call now to reserve a seat for Parkview Hospice’s training session in Fort Wayne.
Introduction to Hospice Volunteering
Friday, February 21; 1-2pm; Classroom B
Parkview Home Health & Hospice Office
1900 Carew Street, Suite 6, Fort Wayne
If you are interested in becoming a hospice volunteer, you must attend an Introduction meeting before beginning the full training series.
Hospice Volunteer Training
Fridays- Feb. 28, Mar. 7, Mar. 14; 12:30-4:30pm; Classroom B
Parkview Home Health & Hospice is most in need of volunteers who would be available to visit patients during the day. Parkview cares for patients in LaGrange, Kendallville, Columbia City, Huntington, Fort Wayne and surrounding communities. Attend training in Fort Wayne then choose to volunteer close to your home. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 260-373-9896 or 800-363-9977, X39896 toll free.