The LaGrange County REMC Operation Round Up Committee met this spring to make funding decisions for the second quarter applicants. The committee awarded seven organizations a grant to help them serve people of LaGrange County.
Organizations receiving grants for the second quarter were:
· The LaGrange County Heritage Initiative received $1,000 to help with banners and signage for the Civil War reenactment that is being planned later this year in LaGrange.
· Junior Achievement Serving LaGrange County received $1,000 to help fund the “Our Community” program for 2nd graders in various elementary schools throughout the county.
· Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry received $2,000 to help pay for meat processing. The meat will be distributed to nine soup kitchens, food pantries and youth and senior centers within LaGrange County.
· The LaGrange County Historical Society will use their grant of $400 to help purchase audio and visual equipment.
· Wolcottville Youth Sports received a grant of $1,500. The money will be used to replace older sports equipment.
· Parkview LaGrange Hospital Foundation received a grant of $2,000 in support of the Cole Center Family YMCA satellite facility.
· LaGrange County Youth Centers (LCYC) received $1,000 to help provide week-long summer day camp programs for county youth.
Thanks to the generosity of participating members, more than $331,000 has been given to the community through the Operation Round Up program since its inception.