Two iconic organizations are joining together to help save lives. The Girl Scouts and the American Red Cross are hosting “Give Blood. Get a Cookie” blood drives in communities across Northern Indiana and select locations in Michigan.
In LaGrange County, the special blood drive will be from 1-6 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 14, at the LaGrange First United Methodist Church.
Donors can enjoy delicious Girl Scout cookies after giving blood at special blood drives during January. The Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana are partnering with the American Red Cross to help save lives through blood donation.
“The Red Cross and the Girl Scouts are two American traditions. So are Girl Scout cookies and saving lives,” said Tracy Duncan, communications manager for the Indiana-Ohio Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross. “We hope that the donors enjoy this special treat from the Girl Scouts as we work together to ensure an adequate blood supply in the communities we serve.”
To schedule a blood donation appointment at any Give Blood. Get a Cookie. blood drive, call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org.
Other “Give Blood. Get a Cookie” blood drives in the region include:
· Friday, Jan. 11 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Girl Scouts Council Headquarters in Ft. Wayne;
· Friday, Jan. 11 from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Girl Scouts Council Facility in South Bend, Ind.;
· Saturday, Jan. 12 from 8 a.m. to noon at Harrison Christian School in Goshen;
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fairview Missionary Church in Angola, Ind.;
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 1 to 7 p.m. at Evangelical UMC in Huntington, Ind.;
· Monday, Jan. 14 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Bluffton, Ind.;
· Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at St. Isidore Hall in Bremen, Ind.;
· Thursday, Jan. 24 from 1 to 6 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church in Churubusco, Ind.;
· Saturday, Jan. 26 from 8 a.m. to noon at First Church of God in Columbia City, Ind.;
· Thursday, Jan. 31 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the United Methodist Church in Columbia City, Ind.