Share |

Couple injured in LP tank explosion

A Shipshewana couple was injured Thursday evening when an LP tank for a stove exploded.

According to reports, Galen and Ida Sue Eash were injured when the portable tank inside the home exploded. The couple reportedly heard a hissing sound and yelled at their children to get out of the house.

All of the children were able to get out of the house uninjured, but the parents were still in the house when the tank exploded.

Galen was taken to a Ft. Wayne hospital with second- and third-degree burns. Ida Sue was taken to Parkview LaGrange Hospital.

Firefighters from Shipshewana and Middlebury were called to the house at 1225N 1200W around 6:30 p.m. and found the home and garage engulfed in flames.