Shortly after 8 p.m. on December 6, officers from the LaGrange County Sheriff’s Department acted on several tips regarding the location of a wanted person, Michael Hoff.
According to the police report, officers went to a residence in the 5500E block of CR 250N in an attempt to locate Hoff.
When deputies approached the residence on foot, they observed a screaming female subject running from the residence with two male subjects chasing her into a wooded area. Before officers could reach the female subject, the two male subjects caught her and began dragging her back to the residence she fled from.
Deputies immediately made contact with all the individuals on the property and called for additional assistance. During the investigation, one subject fled on foot and was apprehended after a short foot pursuit.
As a result of the events that occurred during the investigation at the residence, officers arrested the following people:
· Matthew Yoder, 27, of LaGrange for Maintaining a Common Nuisance, a Class D felony, Furnishing Alcohol to Minors, a Class B misdemeanor, and Possession of Paraphernalia, a Class A misdemeanor.
· Derrek Sams, 19, of LaGrange for Minor Consuming.
· Brandon Hoff, 18, of LaGrange for Minor Consuming.
· Bryonna Hoff, 18, of LaGrange for Minor Consuming.
· Tracey Hoff, 19, of LaGrange for Minor Consuming and Resisting/Fleeing Law Enforcement.
· Steven Smith, 24, of LaGrange for Public Intoxication.
Further investigation revealed that Michael Hoff had left the residence just before officers arrived. It is believed Hoff is in the Ligonier, Ind., area, LaGrange County, or Sturgis, Mich., area. He is driving a 1990s gray and blue Chevy S10 pickup that has a loud exhaust.